bioticbootyshaker asked: yellow, violet, black, and white. :D
yellow: what do you do when you’re stuck in a block? list three sources of inspiration when new ideas are scarce.
- great artists like: amei, phobs, emma, chira
- music. if my block is particularly dense, i reconnect with the music i listened to in college, like gackt, dir en grey and l’arc~en~ciel.
- talk with my girlfriend about our creative projects. never fails to get something bubbling.
violet: describe your work habits. do you eat? do you need music? are you messy or organized? do you keep a notebook? how long can you work at a time? etc.
- i drink a lot of fluids while i work, usually cold. water or iced tea hits the spot.
- i usually listen to only one song on repeat, typically the song that inspired the piece i’m working on.
- i can go for hours working on something. once went 10 hours straight drawing, from sketching to colors.
- i usually go invisible or sign off when i’m creating. except for a few people, i don’t like to be disturbed.
- i keep a notebook with me at all times to either jot down ideas or sketch out roughs.
- super disorganized when i work, mostly because i’ll have 30 or 40 tabs of references open.
black: what is your least favorite part of the creative process?
- drawing: inking and finding 100000 things wrong
- writing: starting
white: your favorite?
- drawing: composition and injecting symbolism
- writing: getting into character